How does the funding courses work?
You need to decide what course you would like to do through the funded route and click on either the Beauty Level 3, Beauty Level 4, Nail Services Level 3, Hairdressing Level 3 or Barbering Level 3 course and follow the instructions below on how to apply for the course.
The course require a regular commitment for each week, as well as home study for paperwork and case studies. This is a great way to allow you to study around work, childcare and other commitments.
Follow the simple process below:
- Decide that the above course is one that you want to study.
- Call us on 01233 641000 to discuss the course outline and how to apply for the funding. Once you have agreed what date you will be starting, we will invite you in for an induction day where we will complete all of your funding and induction paperwork with you. You will need to bring with you proof of ID (such as passport or FULL birth certificate) & National Insurance Number to hand and bring a passport photograph.
- We then send off your paperwork and once Student Finance England receive that, they will send you a letter to let you know you have been approved and they give you a customer reference number (CRN). Approval of your Advanced Leaner Loan does not guarantee you a place on the course.
- Once we have been notified by Student Finance England that your loan has been approved, we will email you to welcome you to the course and send your first assignment to get you started.
- 14 days after you start learning we tell Student Finance England that you have started and then they pay us your fees direct right up until you finish your beauty course.
Who is EDO?
Enabling Development Opportunities Ltd (EDO) is kindly providing us with our funding so you can learn with us. Your certificate will be sent directly from them once you have completed the course. The delivery of the qualification will be through Kent Beauty Academy at one of our sites at either Ashford for beauty therapy or Canterbury for hairdressing.
Who is the awarding body that the course is through?
This particular course through EDO is through VTCT. All of our other courses are accredited through ourselves through City & Guilds. Please see the course pages for privately self-funded courses.
When can I start the course?
The course is usually available every 16 weeks. Please call us for the start date and availability of the next course.
I am on maternity leave, can I still start a course?
Yes you can.
What if I am not returning to the same place of work or work at all?
It doesn’t matter, this is a government loan taken out by yourself and you can take it to your next place of work when you return.
What if I a self employed?
You can take this qualification when you are self employed but will need to make the re-payments back yourself rather than your employer deducting it out of your wages when you reach a wage of £21,000.
What age is for the courses for?
These courses run for ages 19+.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01233 641000 or 07780 478302.
This Government student loan scheme is a beneficial way for anyone aged 19 or over to take a Level 3 or 4 training course. There are no credit checks required for the loan and no previous knowledge is needed to start the courses. The Advanced Learning Loan Courses are available at selected training centres.
There is no upper age limit and it is a fantastic way to study for anyone who wishes to return to learning, gain new skills and a qualification that can lead to employment or even starting your own business!
It is only available for the following Level 3 Course, how ever it is suitable for beginners. You do not require level 1 to start the course, go straight into a Professional Qualification for fast track entry to an exciting new career:
When do I pay this loan back?
You only start repayments if and when you earn over £21,000 per year. The first date of repayments will not be before April 2018 (for learners completing within academic year 2016/2017) and your repayments will be restricted to just 9% of any income over the £21,000. For older students, repayments are not taken from pensions. Please note if you opt for the 16 week programme, there is a registration fee of £200 which must be paid by the student to enrol, to cover your kit and uniform. It cannot be added to the loan amount. This does not apply to the 9 month programmes, as no kit or uniform is included for these.
Why else is this a good scheme?
Your household income is not taken into account and neither is your credit history. You do not need any previous qualifications or knowledge to apply and it is ideal for those who wish to get back into learning or to gain skills within a new field.
If you are 19 or older just ‘go for it’ There is a great mix of students both male and female, from all backgrounds.
For those aged over 19, it is a great way to learn on a fast track, intensive basis without the need to attend every day for a year, unlike many full time colleges.
Our dedicated support team are available to assist you once enrolled, throughout your course by email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org by calling 01233 641000.
Please see the official Government page for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan