Time – 9.30am – 1pm.
Our course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to deliver forearm massage. This is a new way of performing massage using the forearms to aid the therapist that suffers with repetitive strain injury of the wrists or to learn a new technique of massage. We will provide you with the tools, knowledge and skills to deliver forearm massage. Practical activity is included in the form of providing and receiving a full body forearm massage alongside group work.
What will the course cover?
- Salon safety & hygiene
- How to complete a client consultation
- How to prepare yourself and work station
- Explore the principles of forearm massage techniques and the benefits to a therapist
- Discover hints and tips around delivery of forearm massage
- Enhance knowledge and skills around posture analysis
- Demonstration of forearm massage techniques
- Practical application of forearm massage to the full body with a peer
What is required before I start this course?
You will have completed a health and safety at work course. However, if you have not you can do this with us prior to enrolling onto this course. This will enable you to comply with health and safety throughout the treatment process.
You must have completed a body massage course prior to attending.
How is the award achieved?
You will come to the academy for half a day and learn forearm massage. You will leave feeling confident by the end of the day with the knowledge you have gained.
Is a kit included in the price?
Kits are not included for this course but as you have attended a previous massage course, you will have oils that you need to practise. We will provide you with the oil you need on the day.
When will I receive my certificate?
Your course will be awarded to you at the end of the day based on your competence, knowledge and understanding of forearm massage.